Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Semmes Elects Two New Principals
- NEWS » Best Lawyers® Ranks Semmes Among “Best Law Firms” for 2013
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® for 2013
- NEWS » "When Baltimore was Convention Central" By Stan M. Haynes
- NEWS » Important Changes to IDOT Recordation Taxes in Maryland
- NEWS » Semmes Named A 2012 "Go-To Law Firm®" for Litigation
- NEWS » Alexander Giles Elected To The Board of Directors For The Maritime Law Association Of The United States (MLA)
- NEWS » 20 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in "Maryland Super Lawyers 2012"
- NEWS » Semmes Ranked Among Best Law Firms In The Baltimore Metropolitan Area
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- A House Must Be a Home under a Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Excluding Coverage for Unoccupied Dwellings
- Judicial Selection: The Nuts and Bolts of Making it to the Bench
- Preemption in Medical Device Litigation: What Has Changed Since Riegel?
- Probate in Equity Courts
- Zoning Board’s Site Visit was a Violation of the Open Meeting Law
- A Summary Guide to Early Stage Small Business Investment Companies
- Preventing Admission of Product Recall Evidence Against Your Medical Device Client
- Understanding the Safety Net Provided by Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Associations
- View Articles Archive
- Black Lung Benefits Properly Awarded Even When Disabled Has History of Smoking
- 42 U.S.C. §1981 Does Not Prohibit Discrimination on the Basis of an Individual’s Place or Nation of Origin
- Supreme Court Holds that a Culpable State of Mind is Required for “Defalcation”
- Supreme Court Finds Federal Law Preempts State’s Insurance Beneficiary Statute Scheme for FEGLIA Policies
- Contra Preferentum Requires the Court to Construe Ambiguous Contractual Language Strictly in Favor of the Insured
- Medical Provider’s Across-the-Board Surcharge Applied to Workers’ Compensation Patients Held Unnecessary and Unreasonable without Evidence of Additional Expenses
- D.C. Construction Firm Gets another Shot at Recovering Damages after Gov’t Agency Terminated Contract
- Insurance Company Properly Denied Long-Term Disability Benefits After Reviewing Insured’s Previously Submitted Doctor Reports and Its Own Experts Reports
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is the sole Maryland member of ALFA International, a global network of independent law firms. ALFA's member firms endeavor to provide their regional, national, and international clients with outstanding legal services at reasonable costs. As an ALFA member, Semmes can draw upon the collective experience and expertise of the worldwide community of ALFA International firms to assist clients with competent advice on global law and practice. For more information on the ALFA International global network, go to www.alfainternational.com or click the ALFA logo.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies