Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Semmes Authors Fall Edition of MSBA Section of Labor and Employment Newsletter
- NEWS » 21 Semmes’ Attorneys Named in Baltimore Magazine “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2015
- EVENT » Maryland Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- NEWS » Semmes Receives Seven “Tier 1” Rankings for the Baltimore Metropolitan Area – U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers 2015 edition of “Best Law Firms”
- NEWS » Alan N. Gamse and JoAnne Zawitoski Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Accolades from Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- NEWS » The Defense Line – Spotlights
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- DIY Estate Planning: A Cautionary Tale
- 2014 Maryland Legislative Update
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- The Top Ten “Do’s” of a Law Firm Social Media Policy
- A Tax Break for the Hereafter
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- View Articles Archive
- Informed Consent Discussions Excluded in Medical Malpractice Case
- United States District Court dismisses claim for failure to effectuate timely service without a showing of good cause.
- District Court Granted Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment Where Plaintiffs Abandoned Claims by Failing to File Timely Responses.
- United States District Court Finds That Expectation Damages For Breach of Services Contract Limited to Compensation to be Paid for Duration of Clearly Delineated Notice Period
- Plaintiff’s testimony that bus was driving “fast” was insufficient to prove negligence.
- Fourth Circuit Affirms Grant of Summary Judgment for Physician-Plaintiffs and Holds That North Carolina Display of Real-Time View Requirement Violates First Amendment
- Upon Applying the Kapiloff factor test, the District Court Abstained for Exercising Jurisdiction in a Declaratory Judgment Action and Granted Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss.
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies