Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- NEWS » Baltimore Magazine Names 20 Semmes’ Attorneys “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2014
- NEWS » Best Lawyers® Ranks Semmes Among “Best Law Firms” for 2014
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® for 2014
- NEWS » JoAnne Zawitoski Recipient of 2013 Leadership in Law Award From The Daily Record
- NEWS » "When Baltimore was Convention Central" By Stan M. Haynes
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- Litigation and Social Media: Using Social Media to Your Advantage at Every Step of the Trial
- Where There’s a Will There’s a Way
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- SBIC Milestones in 2013
- The Top 10 Reasons You Need a Will
- The Benefits of Marriage: Estate Planning for Maryland’s Same-Sex Couples
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- A House Must Be a Home under a Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Excluding Coverage for Unoccupied Dwellings
- Judicial Selection: The Nuts and Bolts of Making it to the Bench
- Preemption in Medical Device Litigation: What Has Changed Since Riegel?
- Probate in Equity Courts
- Zoning Board’s Site Visit was a Violation of the Open Meeting Law
- A Summary Guide to Early Stage Small Business Investment Companies
- Preventing Admission of Product Recall Evidence Against Your Medical Device Client
- Understanding the Safety Net Provided by Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Associations
- View Articles Archive
- Fourth Circuit Applies “Exceptionally Deferential” Standard of Review to District Court’s Award of Attorneys Fees and Costs to Defendant Under Lodestar Analysis
- Arbitration Proper for Defendant Condo Association, But Not For Defendant Unit Owner
- Formation of partnership under District of Columbia law is a factual question.
- Virginia High Court Says 1:18 Ratio between Plaintiff’s Compensatory and Punitive Damages Was Proper in Drunk Driving Case
- Underlying information required for diminished value calculations for breach of commercial lease damages.
- United States District Court for Maryland Dismisses Declaratory Judgment Action where Moving Party Failed to Make Compulsory Counterclaim in Related Action
- Insureds’ right to recovery for UIM, subject to the offset of the per occurrence limit.
- Maryland Court of Special Appeals holds that costs in successfully defending a motion to stay arbitration are not recoverable under CTS. & JUD. PROC. § 3-228(b)
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies