Welcome to Semmes, Bowen & Semmes
Semmes is one of the oldest and largest full-service law firms in the State of Maryland. Semmes' Attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation in an extensive range of litigation, maritime, labor and employment, and corporate and business practice areas, including estate planning, real estate and lobbying and government relations, and Semmes is the largest private workers' compensation & employers' liability defense practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- EVENT » Maryland Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- NEWS » Baltimore Magazine Names 20 Semmes’ Attorneys “Maryland Super Lawyers” for 2014
- NEWS » Best Lawyers® Ranks Semmes Among “Best Law Firms” for 2014
- NEWS » Thirteen From Semmes Named in Best Lawyers in America® for 2014
- NEWS » JoAnne Zawitoski Recipient of 2013 Leadership in Law Award From The Daily Record
- NEWS » "When Baltimore was Convention Central" By Stan M. Haynes
- NEWS » Semmes Welcomes New Attorneys
- Planning Your Digital Estate
- SBIC Milestones in 2013
- The Top 10 Reasons You Need a Will
- The Benefits of Marriage: Estate Planning for Maryland’s Same-Sex Couples
- Practical Construction Law For Maryland Contractors
- A House Must Be a Home under a Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Excluding Coverage for Unoccupied Dwellings
- Judicial Selection: The Nuts and Bolts of Making it to the Bench
- Preemption in Medical Device Litigation: What Has Changed Since Riegel?
- Probate in Equity Courts
- Zoning Board’s Site Visit was a Violation of the Open Meeting Law
- A Summary Guide to Early Stage Small Business Investment Companies
- Preventing Admission of Product Recall Evidence Against Your Medical Device Client
- Understanding the Safety Net Provided by Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Associations
- View Articles Archive
- Assumption of risk for road worker injured by passing motorist a jury question.
- Fourth Circuit Reverses Maryland District Court’s Partial Summary Judgment for Plaintiff and Holds that Doctrine of Contra Proferentem Did Not Apply to Ambiguous Policies
- United States District Court Lacked Jurisdiction to Enforce Local Rule 111 Settlement Order
- Trademark Infringement Suit Transferred from D.C. to Florida on Defendant’s Rule 12(b)(3) Motion to Dismiss for Improper Venue
- Federal Tax Proposal Would Adversely Affect Many Law Firms
- South Carolina insurer bad faith claim Punitive damages supportable by nominal damages.
- Stem Cells Grown in Lab Prior to Clinical Use as Transplantation Product Are Biological Drugs Subject to FDA Rules
- United States District Court finds Defense Expert’s Testimony Inadmissible under Federal Rule of Evidence 702
- View Law Updates Archive
Semmes is a member of ALFA International, the global legal network. With 145 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States) ALFA International is the premier global network of independent law firms whose success is driven by broad, deep, local relationships all over the world. More information is available at www.alfainternational.com.
An STI Site
| Web Design By SLEEPER Technologies